I am looking for free legal advice on property issues and infill.

My home and it’s value have been ruined by an infill property and I’m now stuck in an unsafe, unsalable house.

Do I have ANY options?



10 Responses

  1. If you can quantify how the infill house has ruined the value of your property you can go and talk to a lawyer about going after your neighbour for damages.

  2. Julia Bryce Julia Bryce says:

    how is your home now unsafe?

  3. Did your house separate from it’s foundation ?

  4. If anything is not being done to city standards you can call the city and have them go out and take a look. There are a lot of rules that have to be followed in order build an infill. You sound like you might just be one of those ” infill is ruining my property value” without any knowledge of what infill is intended for and doing for your property and the city as a whole.

    • Marie says:

      I agree with Colin Spencely, OP.

      You need to define ‘unsafe’ … What’s happening? … What has occurred? … then perhaps someone may be better able to assist you in seeking remedial solution(s)

      Be specific. Post to your post such additional and needed information.

  5. Marie says:

    Hmmm… OP posts this yesterday, doesn’t check back, doesn’t follow up with specifics.
    Are you a fruit-loop OP?

    Quoting you: “I am looking for free legal advice on property issues and infill.”

    Suggestion then, would be for you to: call a law office and speak to someone there with knowledge concerning your plight. You may be given so many minutes of ‘free legal advice’

  6. All houses are saleable.. just lower the price. Simple. Problem solved. Next?

  7. Karen Nelson Karen Nelson says:

    If the infill was not done properly, it can damage foundations…so I wonder if that what they mean. If this is the case, you need to document ASAP (by a professional inspector), and then approach the developer, with or without a lawyer. This type of issue is not unheard of, but you need to act fast, so the damage can be attributed to the new development. Unfortunately I don’t think that it is an easy case to pursue after the fact. Your insurance may also provide help though.


Join the Discussion!